Friday, May 7, 2010

Jamyla Rogers - May 7, 2010

Today was a great day. I did a good job on my Chinese exam, the weather was so beautiful, the sun was shinning, and the birds chirping.

I went walking around the school track and watched TJ and Auny play soccer with some of our new friends from Africa. It was so funny watching them try to kick the ball and falling over each other. After we all played, I, Auny, TJ, and our friends Helder, Dean, Calvin, and more; all went out for a night on the town. Every place we went to we danced, we danced the night away. We all had and have the best times with each other. It is funny, when I first got here it was hard for me to smile. Now I can't stop smiling. The language I am beginning to understand and I am enjoying learning the Chinese language. I am making so many friends, friends that I know will be around for a long time. I am beginning to understand that when certain situations happen, at that time I may not understand and am sad; but as time goes on, I realize that those situations happened to set me up for something better and my next move in life. God has a plan for me and I see that he lets situations happen to me to make me stronger and move me where he wants me to be. All I know and can say now is that my direction has changed and is looking very promising.

1 comment:

  1. congrats sis! im glad that things have worked out, and that you are having fun. be safe.

    ReplyDelete