Monday, May 24, 2010

Gabrielle P. Frazier - May 20, 2010

Completion. I was given the opportunity of visiting an amazing place here in China which is known as one of the richest provinces in China.

Known for the breath taking typography, my group members and I soon fell in love with this excursion. We were able to see hills, unbelievable gardens and even replicas of the very “Great Wall.” Indeed this experience is one of the most memorable of all. As my classmates and I walked through the gardens, we saw beautiful vegetables and fruits as well as an array of flowers. The natural fragrance seemed to have cast a cultural spell on us all, leaving us speechless because of what we were in the midst of and now apart of, beauty at the most natural and simplest form.

After leaving the gardens we rode an electric car up a mountain. This mountain and overall view once the top was reached was a feeling that we all longed for, although we had not realized this feeling was longed for before. The term “completion” spoke loudly once I reached the very top, and a certain fulfillment of satisfaction was granted that can only be received through this term. Of course after staring at all the beauty before me in awe, a glance of the land below seemed necessary. To actually see where we all had come from, which was many miles below, only made the satisfaction of completion that much sweeter. The emotions and feelings felt prior to getting in the electric car such as fear and uncertainty was revealed and differentiated between the undeniable truth, the top must be reached!

1 comment:

  1. An experience of a lifetime. I just can't wait to get a live first hand account when you return. Maybe next time you can take me with you. James Cleveland.

    ReplyDelete