Monday, May 3, 2010

Gabrielle P. Frazier - May 1, 2010

There are so many lessons to be taught. So much to grasp and understand, sometimes only by isolation and through new beginnings.

Today was another amazing day for me. I have been learning new lessons everyday here, reminding me that everyday is a new day and a new opportunity to learn if attentive. As my roommate and I walked down the hill just as we do everyday, preparing to go about our usual day, we stumbled on a lesson of respect being taught. What a beautiful lesson, new just as all the others.


A local grandmother walked with her grandchild which is very common here. Her granddaughter had to have been maybe two or three, however there is no such thing as too young or too old to learn or adapt. “Ni Hao” is a very common greeting, a common translation of “Hello.” However culturally “Ayi Hao” is a form of respect reserved for the older or elderly and most respected of individuals. Instead of these particular locals saying “Ni Hao,” the grandmother looked at us and pointed instructing her granddaughter to say “Ayi Hao.” Despite our ethnicity, cultural differences and perhaps inability to comprehend what was being said or taught, an important lesson was taught in our midst. Respect despite anything else is reserved and owed to all humankind.

4 comments:

  1. Heavy, Heavy, Heavy. You are learning so much. Wish I could be there.
    James Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everyone is truly enjoying this unique experience. I think I would love it as well.
    Jaleesa Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doneicisa RobinsonMay 11, 2010 at 9:17 AM

    That was indeed a lesson learned and with all lessons learned comes a lesson to be taught. Continue to enlighten us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lately, cooped up on the ship with a company ofguys she knew well, but who by and large treated her as a combination sisterand one of the guys, shed usually seen her old, dumpy self. In all my life, no one hadever held my nipples so tightly as to make them hurt, but Ididnt complain, I wanted him to know that he could do whateverhe wanted to do to me, even if it hurt.
    bestiality rape pregnancy stories
    college spanking stories
    sexy girl stories
    free online adult stories
    bare spanking stories
    Lately, cooped up on the ship with a company ofguys she knew well, but who by and large treated her as a combination sisterand one of the guys, shed usually seen her old, dumpy self. In all my life, no one hadever held my nipples so tightly as to make them hurt, but Ididnt complain, I wanted him to know that he could do whateverhe wanted to do to me, even if it hurt.

    ReplyDelete