Monday, April 19, 2010

Tyeisha Walton - April 13, 2010

Sheraton Hotel - Nanjing, China

Today was another interesting day in China. I woke up with a ready attitude to work. My partner and I took a fifteen minute cab ride off to the Sheraton, beating most of the morning traffic. I was sure today would be a great day. This was my initial day in the Public Relations department, which allowed me to begin my hands on input. When we arrived, we eagerly met with our supervisor, Eric, for the day’s task. Instead of the usual one, he introduced a well awaited two for today. These tasks, both, pertained to the large upcoming event for the Sheraton and Nanjing community, the Sheraton Dragon Boat Race.

This year is the Ten Year Anniversary, and far more participants will be involved. After our assignments were completed, my partner and I ventured out for more teams for the race. After arriving back at the school, I met with my roommate and her partner for lunch. Luckily, since my work was already completed, I had the remaining of the day to myself. My roommate and I left to get fruit and walk around the neighborhood. Later tonight, we met with the rest of our group to address issues concerning our adjustments here in China.

1 comment:

  1. Is that internship better than the one you did with Disney?

    ReplyDelete