Monday, April 19, 2010

Gabrielle P. Frazier - April 4, 2010

Pfrang: Northern Jiangsu Province, China

The Pfrang trip to Northern Jiangsu Province, China was amazing. I didn’t expect to experience anything like it. Pfrang is a nonprofit organization that started about ten years ago, sponsoring over six hundred students in need. These children that qualify for sponsorship have either lost both of their parents and are orphans, or their parents are disabled. I was actually in the home of a sixteen year old male orphan who lost his mother some time ago and his father just last month. He rents out rooms in the house for income for his food, which he cooks one week at a time.

I stood right beside his meal, so emotional I walked out. Most of the children applying for the scholarship wrote maybe a page of family history and why they should receive the scholarship. This young boy only wrote, "Both my parents died and I'm only a child."


I have so much to be grateful for!

10 comments:

  1. You have a way of keeping us grounded here. Our journey always involves someone and something other than ourselves. Your are to be commended for representing JSU in such a positive and powerful way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Gabby Gabs. I miss you so much. I'm excited that you are enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have shown a great deal of maturity. You are really representing JSU, your state and country very well. We look forward to reading your next post.
    James Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. We do have some much to be thankful for. I am happy to know that JSU's presence is being felt around the world. You represent us well. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we have every reason to thank God and be grateful due to the misfortunes of so many others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't know you went to the other side....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am proud of you Ms. Frazier! -P. McDaniels

    ReplyDelete
  8. What happened to Dell rico? I have not seen you or him in a while. I thought you two got married.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fine way of describing, and fastidious piece of writing to take facts about my
    presentation subject, which i am going to present in university.


    my blog: summer internship

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's truly a great and useful piece of info. I am glad that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

    my web page :: summer internship

    ReplyDelete