Monday, April 19, 2010

Tishira Echols - April 3, 2010

Finding a taxi is hard, especially when it rains, I have discovered.

My internship partner and I were late for work this week because at least five taxi drivers said no, they would not take us to where we needed to go. I am not sure if it was because we were American, if our Chinese was poor, or if they were late picking up someone else. When we realized we could not get a taxi, we started walking to look for a bus stop. We never did find one that went past our internship. We kept walking aimlessly through, they city, made a phone call to say we were lost, and finally, we reached our destination. We walked in wet and cold, and my hair that had been beautifully curled that morning, no longer had a curl in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment